Wednesday 12 March 2014

Carpe Diem

This week I started Gilly Salmon's Carpe Diem MOOC.  It's a 6 week distance and online learning course, about how to design for active and interactive learning with technology.

When I first heard about this, I knew I had to do it!  I'm a big fan of Gilly's e-tivities, e-moderating and the 5 Stage Model.  I just click instantly with her work.  As I said; I have just started @gillysalmon's #CDMOOC. Excited right now! Potentially the best and most meaningful. Been anticipating it for a while.

I briefly participated in the Learning Design for a 21st Century Curriculum MOOC in January 2013 by the Open University.  But I didn't fully participate in it due to time.  But who does fully participate in MOOCs?!  But I did get a little bit from this for what I did.  I'll not go fully into MOOCs here, but simply I do like the idea of MOOCs and what you can do with them.  But there is still a lot of work to be done with them!

I do feel very committed and excited to do this MOOC as I am actively teaching now and I know I can make good progress and development with it and apply my learning instantly.  I'm determined to give the work and participating a really good go.  I feel I have to too as I am a real fan of Gilly's work.  So I need to dive straight into it and get involved and work, work, work at it!  I am actually really buzzing about it.  Have I become an education geek of some sort?!  If there's such a thing.  But who cares, I LOVE this stuff!

Also, I've even been assigned to the Dolphin group. How apt is that for me as I am a cetacean and ocean lover!

I will update on my progress throughout the duration of the course!