Thursday 6 March 2014

To Masters degree or not to Masters degree. Masters degree!

Well, I have decided to do a Masters degree!

I started looking and exploring at some Masters in Summer 2013.  But the time didn't seem right, until now.  There are lots of educational and learning technology Masters out there, so it was hard to decide which one was best for me.  I've decided to do the Technology Enhanced Learning MSc with the University of Huddersfield.  This one sits well with me as it's project based and the content is what I am looking for.  I've officially registered for the course after being accepted to do it.  I've been feeling nervously happy!  I want to start it in September 2014.  I want to try and complete it in 2 years part-time and hopefully successfully achieve it on the year I turn 30.  So 2016 could be a massive year for me!

I won't stop doing any qualifications after this, but this would be like the icing on the cake for me, of my educational journey.  This will be my biggest educational challenge yet.  I believe in myself that I can do it.  It will be a lot of hard work and determination, which I have always had.  That's why I am here now.  I just need to go a lot deeper this time around.  Which I cannot wait for!  This is what I feel I need right now.  To be educationally challenged even further to understand and learn new skills at this level.

I am happy not to do a Masters, but as always I push myself further.  I'm not doing it to gain a new job.  But doing it personally for myself to know that I can study at this level and know that I have educated myself independently, as I have throughout my entire life.  Doing this Masters is what I stand for.  Education.  And better still, in a subject that I work in and know a lot about and that can push the boundaries of education and develop it further.  It will help me discover the truth about learning technologies!  Something I have wanted to find out for a very long time!

I just need to find a grant/funding for it now.  So I need to get cracking with that now.