Saturday 20 September 2014

Believe

The day has arrived! It's so surreal to say this. I never thought in my wildest imagination that I would be here enrolling onto an MSc. Given my slow start in education. I could cry, really!  I'm making personal history. I'm going to give it all I've got. I promise. You only live once (so it's said) and I'll probably experience this once in my lifetime. Here I go, I'm going in!

Next year marks ten years since I started my transformation to educate and make something of myself.  Ten years, can’t believe how quick it’s gone.

I remember saying in the moment:
'Underdogs', it is time to step up. You don't have to have anything. Position yourself and be sure of your intention. The rest will follow.  (I was an underdog you see haha.)

It all might seem self-centered, but I'm standing up for the people that don't believe in themselves. I got here from doing just that, even if I might not be so good. But I believe I am, and that is what it should be about right?

We teach to get others to be independent.  That’s the ultimate goal.  I taught myself this through drive and determination with the overall goal making of something of myself.
I might not know a lot, but I do know about learning and how it surrounds and binds everything.  Plus, it’s my main subject along with natural history and music haha.

Anyway, I’ll give this MSc everything I’ve got.  There will be some hard and challenging times ahead, but isn’t that what learning is about?  If you are not challenged, you are not learning.  I have my network of believers, supporters and inspirers to help me get through this.
I am proud to get to this point, why shouldn't I be. I don’t say it as much as I should. But deep down I am.  I pushed myself to make me a better and more rounded person as well as to know more.

To look back on…  I did this recorded interview back in Summer 2012.  How I have changed in direction and grown in confidence!  How many ‘erms’ can you count?!
Passionate Teachers (I'm on at 15 mins 30 secs).

 
It’s not about where I am, but how I got here.  And I’ll keep on sharing the experiences.  Thank you for the opportunity.
EDIT: On this introduction day at university, I did feel out of place and that I don't belong there.  Most likely due to my own educational background and ex-mining town upbringing.