Tuesday 11 August 2015

Music

I LOVE music.  Let me keep it simple, it's a major part of my life - I listen to it to uplift and bring out emotions in me.  As I once said "My record collection is like a map of my life. Every CD is like a book.  Every track is like a chapter.  I place tracks on certain parts and experiences of my life.  There is a song for every moment, emotion and feeling.  I listen and relate to the lyrics and music.  It supports, builds and defines me.  I love music, its important to me. đź™‚"  But I am also deeply connected the rhythms and beats, I seem to analyse music in a way I can't understand, from the music itself to the lyrics and voice expressed.  Take this for an example: "We all have that one song that reminds us of a sad time. On way home today I revisited mine (Katy Perry - Wide Awake) to see how much I've grown since - I certainly have. Lyrically and conceptually, this brings back emotions of loneliness, rejection and much needed self-discovery."  It's a very complicated but beautiful connection I have, this is why music is such a core part of me - listen, connect and release.  I think it all began around in the late 90's.

I mostly listen to pop, dance, R&B and a bit of rock. But I also have a keen interest in who artists are working with such as producers and songwriters.  I'm also interested in sales, certifications and chart positions of albums and singles.  I'm somewhat of a massive pop music geek!  Along with this I love to see artists perform live.  They just give the tracks their true emotion along with new interpretations.  But I also love to see how artists perform and interact on stage and with their fans.  I find it really inspirational.  Plus, the buzz you get from the whole event is just incredible.  Below are a list of artists I have seen live (I will update this list every time I seen an act):

  • Busted - A Ticket For Everyone (2004)
  • Good Charlotte (2007)
  • Sugababes - Change Album Launch Party (2007)
  • Sugababes - Change Tour (2008)
  • Girls Aloud - Tangled Up Tour (2008)
  • Fall Out Boy (2009)
  • Girls Aloud - Out Of Control Tour (2009)
  • BeyoncĂ© - I Am... Tour (2009)
  • Britney Spears - The Circus Starring Britney Spears (2009)
  • P!nk - Funhouse Tour (2009)
  • La Roux (2009)
  • Rihanna - The Last Girl On Earth (2010)
  • Lady Gaga - The Monster Ball Tour (2010)
  • Greenday (2010)
  • Adam Lambert - Glam Nation Tour (2010)
  • Alexandra Burke - All Night Long Tour (2011)
  • Kylie Minogue - Les Folies Tour (2011)
  • Alexis Jordan - The Club Tour (2011)
  • Ke$ha - Get Sleazy Tour (2011)
  • Robyn - Body Talk Tour (2011)
  • Jessie J - Heartbeat Tour (2011)
  • Britney Spears - Femme Fatale Tour (2011)
  • Nicole Scherzinger - Killer Love Tour (2012)
  • Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday Tour (2012)
  • Roxette - Charm School - The World Tour (2012)
  • Darren Hayes - The Secret's Out Tour (2012)
  • BeyoncĂ© - The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour (2013)
  • Rihanna - Diamonds World Tour (2013)
  • Katy Perry - The Prismatic World Tour (2014)
  • La Roux (2014)
  • Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once Tour (2014)
  • Christina Perri - Head Or Heart Tour (2014)
  • Lily Allen - Sheezus Tour (2014)
  • Queen + Adam Lambert Tour (2015)
  • Texas (2015)
  • Madonna - Rebel Heart Tour (2015)
  • Leona Lewis - I Am Tour (2016)
  • Adam Lambert - The Original High Tour (2016)
  • Kylie Minogue - Golden Tour (2018)
  • Jane McDonald - Christmas Show (2018)
  • P!nk - Beautiful Trauma World Tour (2019)
  • Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl Tour (2022)
  • Jane McDonald - With All My Love (2024)

Below in alphabetical order are 10 albums that I feel have notably influenced my music tastes or have moved me in some way.  Whether that be the artist and era itself, or simply down to the lyrical and melodical content.  There will be more songs than whole albums, from different artists, though.

  • Angel with Dirty Faces - Sugababes
  • False Smiles - Amy Studt
  • I Am... - BeyoncĂ©
  • I'm Not Dead - P!nk
  • Love. Angel. Music. Baby - Gwen Stefani
  • M!ssundaztood - P!nk
  • Ray of Light - Madonna
  • Rock Steady - No Doubt
  • Secret Codes and Battleships - Darren Hayes
  • Spice - Spice Girls